Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Iron Man



We had been looking forward to Iron Man for a long time since both Garr and I are big fans of comic book movies and we have some cartoons of Iron Man and we both agree that he is one of the coolest super heroes. We went opening night and we both loved it. I have to echo all the other reviews that I have read, it has to be one of the greatest super-hero movies created yet. Tony Stark is played by Robert Downey Jr. is a refreshing character that is not weighed down by the overdone sentiment that"with great power comes great responsibility." Iron Man has real flaws and is a very accessible character and Robert Downey Jr. does a great job in the role. The movie is action packed and the effects are awesome, but it doesn't try to do too much. It introduces and him effectively and explains how he became Iron Man. For those who are not huge fans of comic book movies, it doesn't matter pretty much anyone can relate to it. For those of us who are big comic book nerds, it is even more amazing. For those who are fans of Iron Man and the Avengers; stay until the end of the credits, there is an extra scene that hints at a sequel. I don't know what else to say but go and see it, I can't wait for the next one. I give it a 9 and a half out of 10.

No comments: