Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian



I liked the first Narnia movie a lot and I felt that this one was even better. Garr said that he liked them about equally. The new installment takes place 1 year later for the kids and about 1,300 years later for Narnia. It is probably a good idea to see the first Narnia movie before this one, but it is not essential. The reason I like this one better than the first one is because instead of just one big battle at the end, there is much more action throughout. Also the diversity of the Narnians was used better, with the griffins flying people over castle gates, and mice sneaking through as well as various other creative ways to take advantage of their diversity. It is an exciting movie, but no blood is ever shown. If your child can sit through the movie it is probably fine for them to watch. I agree with rottentomatoes.com when they said it is an entertaining adventure worthy of the standard set by its predecessor. I give it a 7/10.

No comments: