Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull


This was probably the most anticipated movie in the Van Orden house for the last year. Garr had a count down 50 days in advance. Indiana Jones are Garr's 7th 8th and 9th favorite movies (after Star Wars of course), so Garr was anxiously awaiting the newest one (to say the least). As the blessed day finally arrived Garr and I went to the midnight showing and played Indiana Jones Monopoly while we were waiting. I had been excited to see it too, but I'm not quite as enthusiastic as Garr. Garr knew before the movie came out that he was going to like it and had already placed it as his 10th favorite movie, and I was not quite as confident.

The newest installment lives up the past Indiana Jones movies and Harrison Ford proves that he will always be Indiana Jones no matter how old he gets. Some of the movie is a little ridiculous, but you have to remember that all of the Indiana Jones movies are supposed to be over the top and are based off of graphic novels of the 30's and 40's. Going into it you should remember not to be put off my the fact that it is not entirely based in reality, and was not meant to be. The movie is based in the 50's and it incorporated things that were happening in the world at that time. If you have seen and liked the other Indiana Jones movies, this one will not disappoint. As Garr says, "It is even better the third time." For Garr's sake I give it a 10/10.

No comments: