We have been watching old episodes of the Get Smart tv show on dvd. We both really enjoy the old show an we wanted to see the movie. As a fan of both Get Smart and Steve Carell I was hoping the movie would be filled with some hilarious bits and hopefully a little action. Get Smart provides both. It's not the most hilarious movie ever, and some of the humor is fairly crude since it is a PG-13 comedy. Yes it was more crude than the original show, which was a little disappointing. It was however very funny. They didn't stay completely true to the Maxwell Smart character but Steve Carell does a good job and makes the role his own is some ways. Overall it is a entertaining funny movie, and the crude humor is less than most PG-13 movies. I recommend it if you are looking for a silly lighthearted comedy, with some decent action sequences. I give it a 7/10.Monday, June 23, 2008
Get Smart
We have been watching old episodes of the Get Smart tv show on dvd. We both really enjoy the old show an we wanted to see the movie. As a fan of both Get Smart and Steve Carell I was hoping the movie would be filled with some hilarious bits and hopefully a little action. Get Smart provides both. It's not the most hilarious movie ever, and some of the humor is fairly crude since it is a PG-13 comedy. Yes it was more crude than the original show, which was a little disappointing. It was however very funny. They didn't stay completely true to the Maxwell Smart character but Steve Carell does a good job and makes the role his own is some ways. Overall it is a entertaining funny movie, and the crude humor is less than most PG-13 movies. I recommend it if you are looking for a silly lighthearted comedy, with some decent action sequences. I give it a 7/10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment