Saturday, May 16, 2009

Star Trek


Star Trek is one of the more highly anticipated movies of this year, and we were excited to go and see it. Although Garr is predominantly a Star Wars fan, he heard that this Star Trek movie was supposed to have a lot more action and be more like Star Wars, so we happily went to see it. We were not disappointed. Although Garr was defiantly not converted to the Star Trek camp, we both really enjoyed it. The choice in actors was excellent. They looked like the old 60's characters, but the new young actors also made Star Trek more current and accessible to our generation. I liked how they stuck with a lot of the old catch phrases, but also were able to update some things. The Effects were really good, and I thought the story was clever and very in touch with the rest of the Star Trek universe. Garr and I could not help but make many connections between Star Trek and the Star Wars movies. I will not elaborate too much on that, but it was interesting to see. We are definitely going to see it again in the theater, and I highly reccomend it. 8.5/10.

No comments: