
Before it won the Oscar for best picture we had heard about Slumdog Millionaire, and thought it sounded like an interesting movie. We saw it on our Clearplay but heard that it does not really need editing despite its R rating. Here is a brief synopsis of it: A Mumbai teen who grew up in the slums becomes a contestant on the Indian version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" He is arrested under suspicion of cheating, and while being interrogated events from his life history are shown which explain why he knows the answers. I don't know if I agree that this is really the best picture of the year. Garr would obviously say that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was the best picture of the year, but Slumdog Millionaire definatly has a lot going for it. The story draws the viewer in, and you quickly get invested in the characters. It has a message of hope and is an uplifting story. I definitely would recommend trying out this movie. I give it a 9/10.
No comments:
Post a Comment