I would have to say that this in one of the most underrated movies that I have seen in a while. The trailers really did this movie no favors and made it look less funny than it actually is. The Office's Rainn Wilson plays a washed-up old drummer that joins his nephews band and gets a second chance. Although the plot sounds really cheesy it actually ends up being pretty funny. Wilson charismatically takes on yet another eccentric role and pulls if off quite well. It is fairly clean other than the part where he drums naked for a segment. I say at least give The Rocker a chance, if you like School of Rock then you will most likely enjoy this as well. 7.5/10.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
The Rocker
I would have to say that this in one of the most underrated movies that I have seen in a while. The trailers really did this movie no favors and made it look less funny than it actually is. The Office's Rainn Wilson plays a washed-up old drummer that joins his nephews band and gets a second chance. Although the plot sounds really cheesy it actually ends up being pretty funny. Wilson charismatically takes on yet another eccentric role and pulls if off quite well. It is fairly clean other than the part where he drums naked for a segment. I say at least give The Rocker a chance, if you like School of Rock then you will most likely enjoy this as well. 7.5/10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment