Sunday, December 20, 2009

Avatar


We went and saw Avatar this past Friday in Imax 3-D, and it was amazing. We had heard that it was a really long movie (almost 3 hours), so we were a little apprehensive about whether it would hold our interest the whole time. We didn't have to worry about not being entertained at all. It was an exciting ride the whole time. I honestly cannot think of a part I would want them to cut out. Other than having too much language, there wasn't anything that wasn't relevant to the story. The movie makes you feel like you actually go to this amazing planet of Pandora. It almost seems like a National Geographic film of this place that doesn't even exist. The effects are absolutely breathtaking. We walked out of it not knowing which parts where CGI and which were actually there. We assume that pretty much all of it is computer generated, but it is amazing that it was so well done that we didn't know for sure. Some critics said that the story was lacking, but I felt that the story was really good. It had a good message. Although it is hard to miss the liberal agenda in this film, I didn't feel like it was shoved in my face. I felt like I knew it was there, but I didn't have to see the whole movie in that light. The action blended perfectly with the story. The more quite moments were nicely balanced with awesome action. We really enjoyed this movie, and as we were walking out all we could think of is when we can go back and see it again. We give it a 9.5/10

2 comments:

Tammy and Alvin said...

You can see it with me over Christmas. Let's put it on the agenda. See you soon.

Folks Photography said...

wowzers! 9.5 out of 10. Impressive!