We thought we'd give you a quick rundown of the summer sequels we saw. So in no particular order, here it goes.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen had everything in the original, just MORE. So that's both good and bad. The good: more transformers, more action, more explosions, more cool special and visual effects. The Bad: more stupid annoying pointless characters, more language, more sex and raunchy jokes. It was one of those movies where you walk out of the theater blown away by how awesome it was, and then later as you think about it and you realize that it wasn't that great. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.
We actually liked Madagascar 2 way better than the 1st one. The 1st one didn't have that great of a story, but what it did have is some great characters. Add that with the great story of 2nd one along with some great new characters and some fantastic music makes for one heck of a movie. I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10.
Terminator Salvation was great. We've since gone back watched all the Terminator movies edited and they are all good. For some reason there are a lot of people that were disappointed with T3 or TS or both and I can't understand why. I'll agree that T2 was the biggest jump in quality from its predecessor, but they're all good. We recommend them all and TS is probably the best because you don't have to watch it edited.

The 1st reboot of Pink Panther with Steve Martin was surprising at how hilarious it was. We totally recommend you see the 1st one if you haven't seen it, but unfortunately we can't recommend the 2nd one. The 1st one stuck to a certain realism that this one did not and that ruined the overall comedy. Also the 1st one was what you'd expect: a spy comedy. This one was more of a romantic comedy. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.
And finally and quickly I'll just say the Night of the Museum was surprisingly just about as good as the 1st one.

1 comment:
S&G, bravo on the amazing, superb blog post! I will never go see a movie without first reading your reviews! Well, except for T2, and that one sucked. I would give it a 4 out of 10...4 because I love the robots, and also because I think all of the actors should just not be in it at all. Just transformers. The end. :)
Post a Comment