Garr had heard about this movie while watching Ebert & Roeper. They gave it some excellent reviews so we decided to give it a chance. It helped that it was in the dollar theater. We went and watched it just after we saw The Dark Knight for the second time. It was nice to watch a funny documentary, The Dark Knight is amazing; but true to its name, it is very dark. Young@Heart is a documentary about a group of old people who sing rock, pop, R&B, and pretty much everything you would not expect them to be singing. The movie opens to a 93 year old British woman singing "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash. Many of their renditions may not have the energy of the originals, but what they lack in energy they make up for with hilarity. It explores the lives of some of the members of the group, and does a good job of keeping up the pace. Half way through the movie, Garr was already leaning over and telling me that we had to buy it...and he hadn't even seen the whole thing! He said "sometimes you just know." It is a funny, uplifting documentary that is not without emotion. I recommend this movie to anyone who wants a meaningful movie with a good laugh. I give it a 8.5/10.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Young@Heart
Garr had heard about this movie while watching Ebert & Roeper. They gave it some excellent reviews so we decided to give it a chance. It helped that it was in the dollar theater. We went and watched it just after we saw The Dark Knight for the second time. It was nice to watch a funny documentary, The Dark Knight is amazing; but true to its name, it is very dark. Young@Heart is a documentary about a group of old people who sing rock, pop, R&B, and pretty much everything you would not expect them to be singing. The movie opens to a 93 year old British woman singing "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash. Many of their renditions may not have the energy of the originals, but what they lack in energy they make up for with hilarity. It explores the lives of some of the members of the group, and does a good job of keeping up the pace. Half way through the movie, Garr was already leaning over and telling me that we had to buy it...and he hadn't even seen the whole thing! He said "sometimes you just know." It is a funny, uplifting documentary that is not without emotion. I recommend this movie to anyone who wants a meaningful movie with a good laugh. I give it a 8.5/10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment