On Friday we went to the Imax to see the Dark Knight. We would have liked to go on opening night, but we both have work and I guess we aren't as hard core as some. I had been looking forward to this movie for a long time. I would say that it was my most anticipated movie this year. I had some pretty high expectations for it and I could have been setting myself up for a major disappointment, I was really looking forward to this movie. After seeing it, I was practically speechless. I wouldn't say that the movies is completely flawless, but it is close. There is non-stop action, but it doesn't seem like too much. The story is so well crafted that all the action has a purpose and is an integral part of the story. It is a extremely intense movie, and afterword Garr commented that he didn't know if he could take seeking it again; it is that much of a ride. I guess Garr changed his mind because we went and saw a matinee showing the next day. It is a very strong PG-13, it is not a kids movie at all; nor is it for the faint of heart. Garr and I both agreed that we could not recommend it to everyone. It was however a pretty ideal movie for us. It was absolutely packed with action, it is a superhero movie, it has a great plot, and it stays true to the real story of Batman. It was violent, but there was minimal language and zero nudity. Heath Ledger does an incredible job as the Joker, and some would say that he was a little too creepy, sadistic, and insane; but I feel that it was an extremely accurate and brilliant portrayal. Michael Caine (Alfred) , Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent), Morgan Freeman (Lucius Fox), Gary Oldman (Lt. James Gordon), and Christian Bale (Batman) were in Batman Begins, and they all came back for The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger's recent death and amazing portrayal of the Joker could have easily overshadowed all of their performances, but each shines in their respective roles. Aaron Eckhart gives an especially poignant performance as Harvey Dent/ Two-Face. All of the incredible supporting roles make Christian Bale's performance as Batman even better. Overall this was an amazing movie, it may not be for everyone because of the high level of intensity; but for those who can take it, I highly recommend it. I give it a well deserved 10/10.
No comments:
Post a Comment